Nowadays, collecting donations on your WooCommerce-based site is an intuitive way to increase funds for nonprofits, charities, NGOs, clubs, or other causes. Apart from the popular notion, donation solutions are seamless, easy to configure and manage if you own an accurate set of tools and plugins.
Most NGOs and charity organizations use this method to collect funds for their regular efforts or special causes such as natural disasters. Similarly, in the WordPress ecosystem, you’ll find several bloggers and developers that collect online donations to fund themselves. It isn’t difficult to collect donations on your WordPress or WooCommerce site.
Donation for WooCommerce is a powerful and robust WooCommerce extension that allows users to create campaigns for fundraising with the essence of collecting simplistic donation payments. The user can simply change your donation campaign with features including recurring donation payments, progress goals, round-up donations, and more.
Users can simply change or configure options, including the type of amount, restricted limits, and levels of donations. Donation-based campaigns consist of the builtin default options that can be easily configured on specific choices, these includes:
- Amount Type: Sets the payment type, i.e., predefined or custom, and your form will be easily accepted.
- Default Value: Adjusts a restricted donation amount for the users for selection and payment purposes.
- Custom Value: Enables users the ability to donate any specific amount they need.
- Minimum & Maximum Amount Limits: Adjust the min and max limits of the amount for donation payments.
- Add Multiple Levels – Add multiple donation amount options in your form.
Donation for WooCommerce offers amazing features, and some of them are as follows:
- Create multiple donation campaigns.
- Accept custom donation amounts.
- Displays the built-in donation amount options.
- Users can simply donate to several campaigns accordingly.
- Users can incorporate a decimal value into their donation tactics.
- Sorts donation orders by the campaign name.
- Charges users with a credit card processing fee on donations.
- Implement multiple support methods for a donation campaign.
- Display donation campaign statistics.
- Display donation amount in multiple styles such as radio, label, dropdown.
- Set the position of the currency symbol.
- Metadata functionality
- Gutenberg block support
The following steps are required to set up the Donation for WooCommerce plugin on your WordPress platform:
- Download the zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Hover to WordPress Admin, click on Plugins, and click on “Add New” and “Upload Plugin.”
- Attach the downloaded file via the ‘Choose File’ option.
- Click on ‘Install Now.’
- Now you can ‘Activate’ it.
Donation for WooCommerce requires the following steps to take into consideration:
- Go to the ‘WC Donation’ tab
- Then Click on ‘Add New’
- Give ‘Title’ to a new campaign
- Go to Campaign Settings Menu
- Select any ‘Amount Type’ from the stated options where possible.
- ‘Pre-Define’ will display the fixed value for the donation.
- ‘Customs Value’ will allow your customer to enter the amount as per their preferences.
- ‘Both’ options will serve the option to choose the amount from the dropdown or enter as per your desire but within the particular limit.
- The level of donation will incorporate significant amounts of a campaign consisting of a fixed donation amount.
- Enables the user to add the amount in digits, decimal values are acceptable, and the system can easily choose the values of donation from the dropdown list.
- Give Label (displayed at the dropdown value of the donation on the checkout page), and the default system will not choose the donation amount or relevant details from this section.
- The donation amount can be adjusted as a ‘Custom Value’ in which the admin can easily add any amount within the min and max bracket.
Note: When the admin defines the min and max amount, it will automatically manage the limit of donation amount from scratch onwards.
- Click on the ‘Add-level’ to showcase the considerable range in the dropdown of donation items.
- The levels that are added can be easily deleted via clicking on the trash icon at the top right corner of a specific level.
- Hence, significant predefined levels will be displayed as:
Precisely, Donation for WooCommerce offers a seamless way to collect donations on your store, enabling you to create recurring donation campaigns with relative ease of use. Hence, if you’re looking for a sustainable solution to build fundraising and donation campaigns, then Donation for WooCommerce will be the perfect choice for you. To know more about Donation for WooCommerce, read the technical documentation here.